This service is currently in pilot
The GBIF Data Repository is a digital archive that provides space for sharing, storing and preserving data in any format and citing it using a DOI.
Its primary aims are to enable:
- GBIF Staff to store custom data exports and analytical summaries and share DOI links and citations with partners
- Users of GBIF-mediated data to archive derived datasets while providing simple, suitable citations
- Long-term archiving of periodic snapshots of the GBIF data index used to produce trend charts at global and national scales and for analysis using Big Data technologies
GBIF will connect data in this repository to the DataONE Network, where other users can also search for and discover the content.
To use this repository, please request access with your GBIF username and a brief description of the data you wish to deposit.
All data stored in the GBIF Data Reporsitory must conform to one of the following license designations:
- CC0, under which data are made available for any use without restriction or particular requirements on the part of users
- CC BY, under which data are made available for any use provided that attribution is appropriately given for the sources of data used, in the manner specified by the owner
- CC BY-NC, under which data are made available for any use provided that attribution is appropriately given and provided the use is not for commercial purposes