This workshop was created to disseminate the knowledge gained from the BID Capacity Enhancement and Biodiversity Data Mobilisation Workshop in South Africa to members of the project team and staff participating from partner institutions.
Over three days, training for the workshop was provided by the co-ordinator of the project Clare Mateke and held at the Livingstone Museum.
Presentations were, by large, based on similar teachings given at the BID workshop in South Africa. Practical exercises were also given to better demonstrate certain topics.
Topics covered included:
- Key concepts in biodiversity data mobilisation
- Biodiversity data standards
- Digitisation project planning
- Data types
- Data quality and management
- Basic concepts of data cleaning
- Use of OpenRefine
- Other data management tools
- Basic concepts of data publishing
- IPT data publishing
- Advanced data publishing