Latest update: 18 May 2018
- For our professional network and data publishers: contact information for the purpose of sharing information, encouraging professional activity and engagement and communicating directly with users of GBIF services
- For other users: email address as part of the setting up of an account in order to provide access to downloads and subscription to newsletters
- User logins via Facebook, GitHub and ORCID
- Social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google Plus and Vimeo integrated with GBIF.org
- Email newsletter lists and automated email messages on MailChimp, along with other internal mailing lists maintained for the purposes of outbound communication
- Public email and discussion lists about about data, tools, software, services and other topics of interest
- Public consultations and surveys, both on GBIF and third-party websites to assess biodiversity information needs and practices
- Corresponding authors of peer-reviewed scientific research that makes use of GBIF-mediated data
- Public GitHub repositories and JIRA issue tracking system
- Cookies that we use to provide session management
- Information related to search events, including criteria, timestamps and summary download results
- Third-party cookies that process information related to website usage statistics provided by Google Analytics
This Processing of personal data is necessary in order to fulfil requirements related to research and scientific methods, intellectual property rights, administrative purposes and operation of the site. The default settings on the site implies that the Processing only includes necessary information.
If you choose to provide information to the site, this information including your personal data may be accessible to users of the site. The use of social media through the site implies that your personal data may be accessible through such media.
Furthermore, GBIF may be required to transfer the information to the authorities as required by law.
You have the right of access to and the right to rectify the personal data relating to you.
You may review, update, correct or delete your personal data by contacting Anne Mette Nielsen, via email or by phone at +45 35 32 14 81, with a request that we delete your personal data from the site. We may maintain an archived copy as required by law or for any of the above-mentioned purposes.
With regard to cookies, you can instruct your browser by changing its options to stop accepting cookies but this may affect the use of the site.